Does the dream engineering role really exist?
How about a role where you are valued as a trusted Subject Matter Expert who is not consumed by processes or admin for the sake of it. Delivering on interesting projects where quality is paramount whilst working within a friendly team.
Well, let us introduce you to Awcock Ward Partnership
Role: Flood Risk & Drainage Engineer
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours, Hybrid working opportunities
What’s it in for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- All employees qualify for AWP quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- ICE accredited training scheme, and support for professional qualifications through IEng and CEng.
- AWP contributions into Group Personal Pension.
- Life Cover
- Membership of the AWP Group Health Scheme
- Benefiz Flexi Pot; to spend on other company benefits such as the cycle purchase scheme, medical screening services, additional life/health insurance, Gym-flex membership etc
- Team away days
- Sick Pay
- Annual subscription of professional institutions
- Enhanced parental leave provision
What we are looking for
- 2:1 in Civil Engineering or another relevant subject
- 7 to 10 years’ experience (ideally) working in development planning
- Experience in flood risk, drainage strategy and design
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Flood Risk Assessment process and all that entails
- The ability to manage multiple workloads and your time affectively
- Experience in checking CAD work of others
- Good numeracy, analytical and report writing skills
- Good Commercial awareness
But most importantly someone who is;
- Friendly, approachable
- A Team player, trustworthy and dependable
- Level minded and able to listen to other people’s views
- Passionate about what they do
Then we want to hear from you!
You will be undertaking a Project Manager role within the Flood Risk and Drainage team. You will be leading and delivering several typical Drainage and Multi-disciplinary AWP projects simultaneously. You can expect this to include the following tasks:
- Client care/management
- Representing AWP within wider projects
- Co-ordinating inputs from other AWP teams
- Ensuring projects are delivered in time with agreed deadlines whilst maintaining quality in line with AWP Best Practice
- Training and Mentoring of supporting junior staff
- Provide Technical support to Senior Management team
- Make a positive contribution to the successful management of the team
Who are AWP?
AWP is an award-winning regional consultancy, providing specialist development planning and infrastructure services to the property industry. We aim to be a provider of high quality, good value professional services. Our proactive ethos is one of partnership working with our staff, clients, and co-professionals in the delivery of our projects.