Does the dream engineering role really exist?
How about a role where you are valued as a trusted Subject Matter Expert who is not consumed by processes or admin for the sake of it. Delivering on interesting projects where quality is paramount whilst working within a friendly team.
Well, let us introduce you to Awcock Ward Partnership
Role: Principal Transport Planning Engineer
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours, Hybrid working opportunities
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- All employees qualify for AWP quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- ICE accredited training scheme, and support for professional qualifications through IEng, CEng and TPP
- AWP contributions into Group Personal Pension
- Life Cover
- Membership of the AWP Group Health Scheme
- Benefiz Flexi Pot; to spend on other company benefits such as the cycle purchase scheme, medical screening services, additional life/health insurance, Gym-flex membership etc
- Team away days
- Sick Pay
- Annual subscription of professional institutions
- Enhanced parental leave provision
What we are looking for
- 2:1 Civil Engineering, Geography or other relevant subject (flexibility with this)
- 5 to 8 years of experience (ideally) within development planning
- Private sector experience
- Experience undertaking work such as: access strategy, Transport Assessment, Travel planning, preliminary highway designs, S106 negotiations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current highway design guidance and methodologies
- Good numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in checking CAD work of others
- Excellent working knowledge of key software including ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, GIS, Excel etc
But more importantly if you are:
- Fun and Friendly
- A good team player
- Understanding and a good listener
- Proactive and level minded
- Confident in your ability to ask questions for the right reasons
Then we want you to apply today!
To undertake a Project Manager role within the Transport Team, independently leading and delivering several typical transport and multi-disciplinary AWP projects simultaneously.
You can expect this role to include:
- Client Care/Management
- Responsibility for financial performance of assigned projects
- Representing AWP within wider projects
- Maintaining quality and ensuring that transport planning inputs are completed in line with AWP Practice
- Co-ordinating inputs from other AWP teams when required
- Ensuring projects are delivered in the agreed deadlines
- Training and Mentoring junior members of staff
- Providing technical support to senior management team
Who are AWP?
AWP is an award-winning regional consultancy, providing specialist development planning and infrastructure services to the property industry. We aim to be a provider of high quality, good value professional services. Our proactive ethos is one of partnership working with our staff, clients, and co-professionals in the delivery of our projects.