Are you an experienced Contract Change Coordinator with strong business acumen? How about an exciting role supporting the delivery of the commercial elements of ADS/ADSL’s business objectives? You’ll get to assist in monitoring commercial activities. Join a great team at Aspire Defence Services…
Your primary responsibility is to provide commercial and contractual advice and support to the business to minimise ADS/ADSL’s risk and maximise the commercial position. An awareness of PFI contracts would be beneficial.
Other responsibilities of this role include:
- participate in negotiations and interactions with the Customer (Ministry of Defence and Departments in Aspire Defence)
- Be a point of contact for the Customer and the business on commercial issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain commercial processes and procedures that meet the business need.
Together with the Senior Commercial Manager and the Head of Commercial, you will also be required to:
- Act as a commercial focal point and representative to the central business teams and to the garrisons and provide commercial advice and support to their day-to-day activities, and to develop any new systems and/or processes
- Provide commercial and legal support as required to business development, major works, and the contractual change/compensation event processes, including the preparation of commercial responses for bids and proposals.
- Perform risk identification, management, and mitigation, including the preparation of commercial risk assessments for bids and proposals, and the development of innovative risk avoidance measures to ensure business objectives can be met.
- Contract interpretation and dispute resolution, including providing guidance on contractual commitments and entitlements.
- Support the delivery of the contract insurance claims process and investigations, and the annual insurance renewal process, to ensure best value for money is achieved
- Support procurement with the commercial review of supplier contracts and agreements including the identification of contractual and financial risks, and lead risk mitigation negotiations
- Develop commercial relationships with the Customer, the Client, and contractual partners in order to promote contractual compliance and resolve commercial risks and issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Take steps to ensure that commercial disciplines and culture are accepted and adopted, and to develop and manage internal key metrics as appropriate.
But first, meet the team…
With a 35-year contract, making soldiers’ lives better is at the heart of everything we do at Aspire Defence Services.
Seriously, picture a heart (the real one) and imagine how hard it works to keep the body running, making sure every part gets exactly what it needs to thrive. That’s our mission; to deliver a modern, fully serviced, flexible working environment for soldiers.
And just as the heart needs certain parts to keep the body alive, we need the dedication and commitment of our people to support our customers. We deliver a broad range of services for one-third of the British Army living and working on our patch, and we're proud of the work we do.
We’re all about nurturing great teams, and our award-winning safety and wellbeing initiatives are built on keeping an eye out for one another and having a good work-life balance.
In addition to being part of our team, you’ll also get…
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, as well as the option to buy and sell holiday
- Contributory Company Pension Plan matched up to 6%, plus individual life assurance
- A shopping discounts scheme
- Birthday Day Off Scheme
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Aldershot and Tidworth Leisure Centre
- Reward and recognition to celebrate outstanding achievements
- Free on-site parking with EV Charging
Ready to join the team?
Location: Aspire Business Centre, Tidworth
Salary : Up to £41,300, dependent on skills and experience
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Change Manager, preferably in PFI and/or public sector service FM contracts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to plan and priorities activities and close out in a timely manner
- Collaborative working with teams across the business
- Access to a car and full UK driving licence
- To be successful in this role, you must have experience of working in a total facilities management contract.
- It is also essential to have a understanding of commercial and contract law, and sound working knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contracts, including JCT and NEC.
Please note: Our garrisons are tobacco free working environments. As part of this role, you will be required to obtain security clearance prior to starting with us
ADSL has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the right to live and work in the UK. If you are invited to an interview, you will be asked to bring with you original copies of documentation that provides evidence of your right to live and work in the UK. Applicants needing skilled worker sponsorship may not be suitable for this post due to the immediacy of the appointment. If you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to ADSL verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that candidates will be given the same consideration and will pass through our established procedures. Please note, this vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applications.