So, you’re an engineer looking for a new job. How about an exciting role working on a military estate in support of our Army customers? You’ll get to work independently while building a fantastic career. Join a great team at Aspire Defence Services…
The main purpose of your role as a Building Services Engineer, is to carry out a detailed scope of work to advise the design, specification & installation and to maintain cost-effective / energy efficient systems for building services replacement.
You’ll be required to prepare detailed Schedules of Work in preparation for the annual Lifecycle and AMP, including reviewing Reactive and Planned Maintenance records, previous condition surveys for equipment, systems and plant, and Room Data Sheets.
And amongst other key responsibilities, you’ll also manage Building Regulations/Control and Planning Applications, as well as assisting with the estimation of projects. Thus, to be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Undertake analysis of survey information and other related estates data to provide succinct scope of works to support change, the Lifecycle plan and AMP
- Support commissioning activities and provide technical support and guidance where required
- Evidence of knowledge and understanding of building regulations.
- Technically competent with the ability to pay attention to detail and demonstrate an organised approach to work.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A team player with the strength to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A practical, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to self-motivate and show initiative.
- Good IT skills with a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications……It would be additionally desirable to have;
Experience of working in a MoD and/or military environment.
- Embraces change; seeks improvements in working practices and challenges the status quo for the benefit of the business.
- Experience of PFI would be an advantage
But first, meet the team…
With a 35-year contract, making soldiers’ lives better is at the heart of everything we do at Aspire Defence Services.
Seriously, picture a heart (the real one) and imagine how hard it works to keep the body running, making sure every part gets exactly what it needs to thrive. That’s our mission; to deliver a modern, fully serviced, flexible working environment for soldiers.
And just as the heart needs certain parts to keep the body alive, we need the dedication and commitment of our people to support our customers. We deliver a broad range of services for one-third of the British Army living and working on our patch, and we're proud of the work we do.
We’re all about nurturing great teams, and our award-winning safety and wellbeing initiatives are built on keeping an eye out for one another and having a good work-life balance.
In addition to being part of our team, you’ll also get…
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, as well as buy and sell options
- Contributory Company Pension Plan matched up to 6% with generous life assurance
- Quarterly employee feedback sessions, with business progress distributed
- A shopping discounts scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Tidworth and Aldershot Leisure Centre
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Employee assistance and health and wellbeing check ins
- Reward and recognition to celebrate outstanding achievements
- Free on-site parking
Ready to join the team?
You must have the following qualifications:
- Educated to a minimum HNC/HND level or equivalent in a relevant discipline preferably with a professional membership eg RICS or CABE.
- A recognised formal Project Management qualification
- An industry recognised qualification in engineering, building or facilities management
It would also be desirable to have:
- Microsoft Project: Intermediate Level
- Qualified to member level of a relevant professional organisation
- NEBOSH / IOSH Qualification
Location - Tidworth
Salary - Dependent on experience
Please note: Our garrisons are tobacco free working environments. As part of this role, you will be required to obtain security clearance prior to starting with us.
ADSL has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the right to live and work in the UK. If you are invited to an interview, you will be asked to bring with you original copies of documentation that provides evidence of your right to live and work in the UK. Applicants needing skilled worker sponsorship may not be suitable for this post due to the immediacy of the appointment. If you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to ADSL verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that candidates will be given the same consideration and will pass through our established procedures. Please note, this vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applications