GB News is Britain’s News Channel providing news, debate and opinion for all of the UK and is looking to expand our graphics team.
Description on Role
The Motion Graphic Designer is part of a small, focused team working across our digital, television and promotions outputs. You'll be a creative designer, keen to enhance our journalism with innovative, distinct and original animations and motion graphics. GB News is a dynamic news channel, and we are looking for a multiskilled, proactive, agile designer who shares our vision in creating truly unique and memorable visual storytelling.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Creating beautiful animating and still graphics ranging from creating new show assets to infographics including maps, timelines, graphs and stings
- Liaising with Editorial and Production teams
- Creating and collaborating in a team environment
- Creating graphics and templates using Vizrt software
The role requires a confident and quick approach to graphic design and animation in order to meet tight deadlines. The team itself is learning-focused and work with each other to develop templates and animation styles that make our work easier and more efficient.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (showreel/portfolio required)
- Strong 2D Animation Workflow experience (3D workflow would be a bonus)
- Great attention to detail and experience working in high pressure environments and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of producing content for TV, social media and web
- Experience with broadcast software Viz Artist would be highly regarded but not essential
Don’t worry if you can’t tick every single one of these boxes, we would still like to hear from you. Experience developing motion graphics and a working knowledge of the Adobe Suite is a must, but apart from that, the most important thing to us is that you have a keen mind for learning new techniques, thrive under pressure and want to challenge your technical skills. We are always looking for potential!