Digital Motoring Reporter – GB News
GB News, one of the fastest-growing media brands in Britain, is looking for a Digital Motoring Reporter to join the team in our fast-paced London newsroom.
If you’re a talented journalist, with a love of all things motoring, looking to take the next step in your career and are keen to work in TV/digital publishing this could be the ideal move for you.
We broadcast live for 18 hours a day, are fiercely protective of free speech and believe all perspectives have a genuine right to be heard.
We reach millions of people across TV and radio and are rapidly growing our digital presence too, across our increasingly popular website, apps and social channels.
Now we’re looking for ambitious individuals to join our digital reporting team.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your career and skills at one of Britain’s most exciting and talked-about media brands.
You’ll be sourcing, writing and publishing original motoring stories on a range of topics for our new-look website GBNews.com.
This role would suit NCTJ-qualified candidates who are looking for a positive next step in their career and are keen to further develop their digital skills in an exciting TV newsroom. Crafting an all-round news ability, this role aims to help rapidly put the successful applicant on the path to taking on news editing responsibilities.
Applicants must be flexible and willing to work across a seven-day rota on a 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm shift pattern. A strong knowledge of media law is required.
- Sourcing and writing original and exclusive motoring stories covering topics for GBNews.com and our native apps
- Publishing the latest breaking news and producing fast, clean, high-quality copy
- Liaising with GB News producers, on-air talent and the digital output team to ensure the best moments from shows are covered on the website
- Passionately developing your own ideas and exclusive stories to drive audience
- Monitoring analytics and data in real-time and surfacing actionable insights to maximise the reach and impact of your content
- The opportunity to develop other digital publishing skills – including video editing, SEO and analytics – to help drive the wider audience growth of the GB News brand
- An enthusiastic, positive individual with a desire to develop their career in a key role in a growing media business
- NCTJ qualified with newsroom experience
- A collaborative, hard-worker able to build and maintain positive relationships in a high-pressure news environment
- Adaptable with a hands-on, can-do attitude
- A love of cars, current affairs and a passion for storytelling
- A keen news sense and the ability to write at speed and to tight deadlines
- An understanding of SEO and audience analytics
- Full of ideas with the passion and drive and to turn them into reality
- A committed team player with high EQ
- Understanding of IPSO guidelines and excellent editorial judgement
- Ability to work flexibly across different shifts, including weekends as needed
- Eligible to work in the UK