Salary : Competitive
Location – Bridgwater, Somerset
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Bridgwater.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a role that has variety and the opportunity to work across all lines on the shop floor and with cutting-edge technology.
A large part of this role will be to improve the way in which we produce our innovative electric motors, whilst managing the introduction of new products, develop the manufacturing process and reduce efficiency and cycle times.
What you will be doing as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Representing Manufacturing Engineering in assessing the ease of manufacture in Design Reviewing and acting in a liaison capacity between Design and Production
- Creating Manufacturing Bills of material (BOM) to define build of electric motors and other bespoke solutions
- Creation of Delivery Standard Documentation (TSD) to support procurement activity to ensure suppliers have a comprehensive and accurate specification for material requirements
- Processing design changes and introduce into current assembly process
- Identification and implementation of improvements to the build process and build logic
What we are looking for
- Educated to at least HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship
- Significant Manufacturing/ Assembly experience at least 4 years.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience of management of Bills and Materials (BOM), process control and quality
- Good understanding of mechanical and numatic systems
- Experience in using Solidworks
- Methodical and strong attention to detail
- Awareness of design, but this isn’t essential
15:30pm finished on a Friday, Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30
25 days Holiday per year
Private Medical care
Cycle to work scheme
Regular company socials