GB News, the fastest-growing media brand in Britain, is looking for a motivated Podcast Editor to join the team in our fast-paced London newsroom.
If you’re passionate about creating thought provoking and engaging content across a range of topics including politics, royal news and current affairs, this could be the role for you.
We’re on-air 18 hours-a-day, are fiercely protective of free speech and believe all perspectives have a genuine right to be heard.
We reach millions of people-a-month across TV and radio and are rapidly growing our digital presence too, across our increasingly popular website, apps and social channels. We’re the most talked-about British media brand on Twitter and our videos have been viewed 650million times on YouTube in the last year.
Now we’re looking for an ambitious Podcast Editor to lead the next phase of our growth online, as we broaden our digital content offering to a global audience.
You will take charge of all the channel's podcasts, working with presenters and guests to create episodes that will be published across all major platforms including YouTube, Spotify and Apple.
You must have a sound knowledge of the GB News brand, its core demographic and the stories/issues that matter to our audience. Experience in podcasting is essential and applicants must have a can-do attitude, think outside of the box and be able to pitch ideas that will rapidly yield results.
- Develop and produce high quality and creative, original podcasts
- Pitch topics and ideas to presenters and digital editors
- Research topics and guests to ensure episodes are thorough, interesting and fresh
- Book compelling guests who represent a variety of views
- Arrange recording and filming of episodes
- Edit episodes after recording for a range of formats, including YouTube/TikTok
- Monitor analytics and data to generate more engaging shows
- Manage the podcasting workflow and recording schedule
- Adhere to GB News’ editorial charter
- Strong skillset across all Adobe software
- Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and practical experience
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Good knowledge of news and current affairs
- Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement
- Ability to work flexibly across different shifts - including some weekends
- High standard of written English
- Eligible to work in the UK