Do you want to be part of a small, talented, and ambitious team that’s changing the face of news in the UK? GB News is looking for an innovative Assistant Producer who is passionate about creating informative and engaging news and debate.
As an Assistant Producer you’d be helping to write, build, book and produce our Primetime Late Programme, working alongside Producers and Senior Producers.
The role is ideal if you are looking to build experience in TV News production.
· Writing scripts, teases and other show content to the highest standards. A writing test will be part of the selection process.
· Assisting in building compelling news, opinion and debate content.
· Building graphics, selecting and editing video, soundbites and stills for the show.
· Building story, guest and show segments using DiNA, our in-house system.
· Producing show graphics including straps and full frame graphics.
· Booking and briefing guests and contributors.
. Handling the logistics for guest appearances.
· Researching, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling content.
· Writing detailed briefs for the presenter and compiling an information pack for the live show.
Communicating with fellow producers, guests, talent, and operations staff.
· Strong journalistic skills backed up by a relevant qualification and news experience.
· Good knowledge of news and current affairs.
· Understanding of OFCOM guidelines and excellent editorial judgement.
· A top standard of English news writing.
· Eligible to work in the UK.